Monday, September 7, 2009

I Know, I Know, Sorry

I've been neglecting the blog as of late, only, what, a week after I started it? So, here's the deal: I started school again and my knitting sort of fell to the wayside. Every project I picked up went bad and I just couldn't muster up the wherewithal to keep knitting. So, I took a little break. The only contribution I've made to the knitting world lately is a few gifs for the Nerdy Knitters Ravelry group. They have the best Zachary Quinto thread this side of the internet. Truly drool-worthy. Gay? Not in my fantasy world!

In other news, I've been reading The Tenant of Wildfell Hall lately and am enjoying it more than I thought I would. I mostly picked it up out of respect, I guess, for Anne. I've read Agnes Grey but I really didn't like it too well (waaay too many religious overtones for me), so I decided I should at least give her another shot. I'm enjoying this one much better, although getting used to a man's point of view is a little jarring. All I read any more are dead white Englishwomen, so I'm used to a woman's POV by now. I've gotten to this beginning of Mrs. Graham's journal, so I do see a shift to the feminine point of view I'm more used to. I'm liking the characters and the plot, much, much better than those of Agnes Grey. Agnes was so... wishy washy. Pale. Meaningless. She had next to no personality. Mrs. Graham, however, is full of that "fiestily independent but still a woman of her time" thing, a la Jane Eyre. So yeah, loving it. After I finish this one, Shirley is next. Why yes, I love the Brontes, why do you ask?

I've been watching a lot of Voyager lately, too. Liking the characters still, although Kes annoys the everloving crap out of me. Oh yes, I see, you're so earnest and naive. Puke.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey you! Yeah you! Speak up!