Friday, November 27, 2009

Happy Thanksgiving!

Hi everyone! I hope all you Americans out there had a fantastic Thanksgiving!

I did. I ate with Boyfriend's aunt and uncle, and his aunt's family. Boyfriend's aunt and I go way back, though. I dated his cousin before I dated him, so I've known Boyfriend's aunt for a longer time than I've known Boyfriend. (Calm down! There was a year between the dating of Boyfriend's Cousin and the dating of Boyfriend. Also, Boyfriend's Cousin and I are still good friends.) She is a fabulous lady, the one who gave me her mother's needles when I was a fledgling knitter. The food and company could not have been better. Also, Boyfriend's Cousin's birthday is tomorrow, so we sang Happy Birthday. But after they sang happy birthday to him, they took the 1 from the 21 off the cake, replaced it with a 0 and sang to me! It was very sweet and unexpected. And yes, I am the big 2-0 today. I don't feel much different. But hey, I'm not a teen anymore! I've been waiting for this since I turned 13.


Knitting wise, there is not much of interest to be said. I took a break from Boyfriend's socks to knit a little extra something for a Secret Santa and am now working on a beret. Meret, to be exact. I was going to do it in Noro, but decided that it would be too hippie-ish. I don't have a problem with hippies, but I don't want to look like I reek of patchouli and am following the Dead around the country, you know? So I'm doing it in Ella Rae Classic Superwash in a dark green. A little too dark, if we're going to be honest, but I like it. I didn't realize that the lace pattern was the same as my Crofter's Cowl until I had already started, but that's ok. As usual I get a crappy photo with indoor lighting, but I'll subject you to it anyway. It's a darker green than that, but whatever. At least this photo had some visual interest. I'll post a better one when it's finished. I'm still looking for a good hat for my Noro skein.

And hopefully I shall be gracing the halls of Loop again soon. My uncle figured that that would be a good place to go for a birthday treat. I'm not about to argue. I love Loop, and I'll be picking up some Malabrigo, at least. Enough for hats for Boyfriend and I. I'd like a bright blue (Azul Profundo or Azul Bolita maybe?) and he is all about neutrals, frustratingly enough. He would look so nice in a red, but no. It's all dark blues and greens. Men, am I right?

Oh, and I send my thanks out to Lina at Photo. Knit. Dog. for her generous giveaway. I won 8th place, and so am getting a skein of Kypria sock yarn. It's 70%  merino, 20% bamboo, 10% nylon and 100% smooshy if Ravelry is to be believed. Go and check it out at the Sanguine Gryphon. Thanks again, Lina!

4 comments:

  1. Happy birthday! I hope your second decade of living is wonderful! :D

    You're welcome! I'm glad you liked the color as it wasn't one of your top 3.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm a bit late in saying it, but Happy Birthday!!! ^_^ Enjoy the decade!

    - EdaMommy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the birthday wishes!

    The color is not something I would pick, but that's a good thing, I think, because it is beautiful. I needed more browns and warm tones.

    ReplyDelete
  4. And thanks as well, EdaMommy! I don't know what happened with the post time stamps. How strange.

    ReplyDelete

Hey you! Yeah you! Speak up!