Saturday, October 10, 2009

The Knitting Evangelist and Other Tales

Hi, all! How are we doing tonight?

Finished my cowl, which is nice. Problem is, I bound off a little too loosely. The top is floppy, and that makes me sad. It's also not so good at containing my hair when up in wimple form, but it is nice enough. Now only to wear it without feeling self-conscious! I'm working on it. The lace turned out ok. Sorry I don't have any good pictures; I'm a little too self-conscious to take one of myself. I'm currently under a lot of stress, and stress tends to manifest itself in the form of blemishes.

Otherwise, I've been trying to decide on a pattern to make for Mrs. F's lacy Kidsilk scarf. I wanted to do the Travelling Roses Scarf which is super lovely, but when I tried to do a K3tog with my size three needles, I realized that it was just not happening. So I've been considering Branching Out, which I started and then buggered up. I have re-learnt that frogging mohair is categorically Not Pretty, so I want to be sure before I cast on. I like more geometric lace, and a lot seems to be, well, wishy washy to me.

And! I was a bit of a knitting evangelist this week! I was sitting outside of class knitting, and this girl suddenly says "Oh you know how to knit?!" Turns out she was trying to learn so she could make scarves. I demonstrated  the knit stitch for her and recommended knittinghelp.com and of course Ravelry. Hopefully she'll take my advice and they'll be another one in our ranks!

Finally, Phat Fiber is holding another awesome giveaway that I desperately want to win. Check it. Learn to spin kit? Be still my beating heart!

2 comments:

  1. Cute cowl! As you said, as long as it is nice enough :) I am sure it is better than you think it is.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I actually wore it to school Tuesday, and I looked pretty stylish, if I don't say so myself. Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete

Hey you! Yeah you! Speak up!