Monday, September 14, 2009

Tentative Rejoicing

Breathe a sigh of relief: I've started a new project! I've decided to do a Dummy Clap with the Abby I talked about last post. The Dummy Clap is pretty much a simpler Clapotis, without all the increasing and decreasing. I'm doing it in a scarf size with a cast on of 28. Wish I had a picture, but my camera has mysteriously disappeared. The yarn is knitting up okay, although there are some splotches and I don't particularly care for the green; looks a little sickly. I'm going to see how it goes. The knitting is super simple, and I can do it in class.

In other news, I've discovered the lovely fiber stylings of Jags. She recycles yarn from sweaters, something any reader of this blog knows I wholeheartedly endorse.There's some lovely stuff there. You might be wondering why I'm mentioning this; to tell you the truth, besides the fact that I'm always happy to support recycled yarn, and I think that Jags' stuff is very pretty, there's a giveaway of some of her cashmere, and this is getting me an extra entry. When the prize is cashmere, a girl can be convinced to do almost anything. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey you! Yeah you! Speak up!